Pages

Friday 17 August 2018

the battle of the mouintains blog

                 Hi welcome back

   (And welcome to new people)

In tumu hub we are learning about “THE BATTLE OF THE MOUNTIN’S   The story The story goes that in the days when the earth was young there were four mountain warriors: Tongariro, Taranaki (Mt Egmont), Tauhara and Pūtauaki (Mt Edgecumbe). There was also the beautiful maiden mountain, Pīhanga. The warrior mountains fought for her affections, and after a long battle Tongariro emerged the winner.
The defeated mountains decided that they should leave Tongariro’s domain. They were to travel as far as they could before dawn, when the rising sun would fix them to the spot. Pūtauaki headed east and by daybreak reached his present position at Kawerau. Tauhara travelled slowly, all the time looking back longingly at Pīhanga; he only reached the other end of the lake. Taranaki went west and still looks back, hoping for the day when he might return to avenge his defeat. Meanwhile, Pīhanga became the wife of Tongariro, and they had a child named Pukeronaki  The end


4 comments:

  1. Hi Holly
    I love this because it tells me what you do at easter and at christmas.
    Did you know I have easter egg hunts every easter as well and I put cookies out for santa.
    Next time you could add a bit more information.
    Why did you choose to write about what you do on holidays?
    come and check out my blog next time.
    bye bye.
    from Eden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eden For the comment I will make sure to go onto your blog

      Delete
  2. Hi Holly, you have written a great retell of this legend and made it easy to understand. Are you going to audition for any parts in the production or are you going to help with the art or music?
    Mrs Roach

    ReplyDelete
  3. im doing drama for my part in the play

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.